Order this book from a bookstore in or near your country:
Australia :: Canada :: China :: France :: Germany
India :: Ireland :: Japan :: New Zealand :: South Africa :: UK :: USA
A Call to Conscience
The Landmark Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Clayborne Carson and Kris Shepard, eds.
The individual chapters of this book are available free of charge in web page or pdf format by clicking on the chapter titles below. We gratefully acknowledge the King family and The Martin Luther King, Jr., Research and Education Institute at Stanford University for making this work available to the public. To purchase a copy of this book, please click on one of the country links shown above the cover image at left.
- 5 December 1955
- MIA Mass Meeting at Holt Street Baptist Church
- 7 April 1957
- "The Birth of a New Nation," Sermon at Dexter Avenue Baptist Church
- 17 May 1957
- "Give Us the Ballot," Address at the Prayer Pilgrimage for Freedom
- 23 June 1963
- Speech at the Great March on Detroit
- 28 August 1963
- "I Have a Dream," Address at March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom
- 18 September 1963
- "Eulogy for the Martyred Children"
- 10 December 1964
- Acceptance Speech at Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony
- 25 March 1965
- "Our God Is Marching On!"
- 4 April 1967
- "Beyond Vietnam"
- 16 August 1967
- "Where Do We Go From Here?"
- 3 April 1968
- "I’ve Been to the Mountaintop"
Book Purchase Links by Country for A Call to Conscience